Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Stylin' Chore Charts


I got my stylin' chore charts done for the kiddos! Why do kids need stylish chore charts you may ask? They don't. I do!!! For them I mean....hmmmm hmmmm. Sticker charts are great and I'll admit, probably more fun for the kids but I do better with these because since they are so cute, I look forward to seeing them each day when I have the kids move their magnets over.


I didn't do a step by step picture tutorial because I wasn't totally sure what I was doing at the time (I got stuff out and winged it step by step till I got what I want). That's me livin' on the edge. It adds a little excitement to my life and a little anxiety too I might add- ha ha:) Here is the break down of the general idea that I did. I'll spare you the mistakes I made and the redo's.


First, here are the supplies you need. 

1. A cookie sheet. I bought the Main Stays cheap cookie sheet from Walmart. I think it was only $2.00. 


2. A can of spray paint in the color of your choice. Rustoleum Aqua is my "go to" aqua. I love it! 

3. A bottle of craft paint in the color of your choice. 


4. A bag of wooden circles. I bought these from Michaels. Don't forget your coupon! They are 1 1/2 inch circles. Twenty two pieces in the bag. 


5. A bottle of Kilz Original Primer/Sealer/Stainblocker. I buy this at Home Depot. I can't begin to explain how much I LOVE this product! I would buy this stuff by the boxes if I had enough money! Maybe I should see if they want to hire a blogger to be a salesman.........I would be their best salesman! I am a strong believer that the best sellers are those who actually love the product they are selling! My husband and I both use it on all our furniture makeovers. Anyhoo, my sales pitch is done. 

BUY IT! 
Okay, now it's done:)





And a few items I forgot to take pictures of. 

6. Vinyl color of your choice
7. Foam paint brush
8. Circle magnets (you can find them at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc.
9. Glue gun and glue sticks


Okay! Let's get started! Here is a list of steps. 

1. First, spray your cookie sheet with the Kilz primer and let dry. 

2. Paint all your circles with the craft paint 

3. Spray paint your cookie sheet (make sure primer is totally dry before doing this)

4.  Give all your circles a second coat of paint

5. Cut out images for the chores with your silhouette cameo and lines for the dividers

6. Measure out where you want the lines to be on your cookie sheet and apply the vinyl lines

7. Apply vinyl images on your circles

8. Hot glue the magnets onto the back of the circles. 

And there you have it!!! It wasn't hard to do, just time consuming. 

Here are the chores I have my six year old and three year old do:

Monday: Make bed & Clean toy room
Tuesday: Make bed & Put folded clothes away
Wednesday: Make bed & Clean room
Thursday: Make bed & Put folded clothes away
Friday: Make bed, Vacuum stairs
Saturday: Make bed & Get Paid!!!

If you have your kids do more than two chores a day than this system probably won't work for you. For my family it works great though. I'll have my kids do other things sometimes too but these are their basic ones they get paid for.  




No comments:

Post a Comment