Friday, January 31, 2014

Quick Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls


Today I thought I would share with you my recipe for Quick Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls! They only raise for 15 minutes! My friend invited me to a brunch this morning and I was able to whip these up in no time! Except  they didn't get the pink frosting and sprinkles till later. I did that just for the picture- ha ha:) 
And let me tell you, they are yummy either way but the pink frosting and sprinkles sure made it look more cute and fancy! Pink makes everything look cute though.  Suddenly an image of me with pink hair comes to mind.......okay maybe not everything.... but with these cinnamon rolls it did though!

Like I said, these can be made quickly for any time of the year but you can always spruce them up by decorating them for whatever holiday is closest. Quick, cute and delicious!

Here is the recipe:

Quick Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls

8-10 cups of flour, divided
1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix (dry)
4 Tbsp. yeast
2 tsp. salt
4 cups warm water
4 Tbsp. butter

Cinnamon & Sugar Recipe
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp Cinnamonen
***I make a big bottle of this and keep it on hand for when I am making recipes where I want Cinnamon and Sugar. Then it's all ready to go!


In your mixer, combine three cups of the flour, cake mix, yeast, salt and warm water. Mix until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead 6-8 minutes. Roll out into a long rectangle. Spread melted butter over the top with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up and cut into slices. Place on greased cookie sheet. Cover and let raise for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
Frost and enjoy!

*I made these even easier by using a container of Betty Crocker's Fluffy White Frosting but sometimes I have made my homemade cream cheese frosting which is also very yummy on these. I am sure they will be marvelous however you decide to frost them!




No comments:

Post a Comment