Sunday, April 12, 2015

Snow White Dinner


This was our snow white dinner! Like I said, keep it simple and inexpensive. It doesn't have to be expensive to be fun. I had the blue and yellow paper plates and the yellow napkins and red forks all left over from my son's Lego Birthday Party so I didn't have to buy any paper products. It's not fancy by any means but the kids loved it and thought it was great! 

If you would like to print off the dinner menu just right click on the menu, save it and then it's ready to print! Remember, personal use only please!

This is what it all looked like. Only expense was the food!


We each chose a dwarf to be that meal. My daughter chose "Happy" which was great because we didn't hear any whining from her that meal!


My son chose Doc. My husband chose Grumpy. Now just so you know, my husband is NOT a grumpy person! So it was hilarious to see him trying to scowl:) I chose sleepy so of course I fell asleep up to the table a couple of times during the meal and started to snore! My daughter had so much fun waking me up. We chose Dopey for the baby because she can't talk so it was a good choice for her. The kids loved playing a character while they ate. 


I made red and blue jiggler jello, cut them in cubes and threw them all in a bowl and then mixed some cool whip into it all. The idea was to have red, blue and white jello just like snow white's dress.


I thought about doing mini sandwiches for the Seven Dwarf's sandwiches but I was craving some chicken salad sandwhiches so I just cut them in half so they were a little smaller then they would have been otherwise. 


Broccoli florets were our "Forest Trees".


Ice water was our "Well Water."


I didn't get a picture but for dessert we had caramel apples which we called the "Queen's Poisoned Apples."

It doesn't have to be hard! I later had the thought it would have been fun to sit up to a short table on little chairs! You could also make all your food mini size. I forgot to do this but in honor of the show I was going to make all my kids do a big washing before getting up to the table just like Snow White made the dwarfs do! Just let your imagination run wild!

Hope I've inspired you a little. Have fun with those kiddos of yours and make some fun memories this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment