Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lucky Charms "Rice Crispie Treats"



On St. Patrick's Day morning the kids and I like to have Lucky Charms and green milk for breakfast! I wanted a fun dessert for that night and all of a sudden a little light when on in my head and I thought, why not use my rice crispie recipe and substitute chocolate lucky charms in the place of the rice crispie cereal?! 

So we tried it. It was an experiment and one that was successful! I think we now have a new St. Patrick's tradition! 

Here is all you need to make this fabulous festive dish! 


I had my kids seperate the chocolate cereal from the marshmallows. I figured the lucky charms might get too smashed and possibly melt when I stir the hot marshmallows mixture in so we seperated them. 

 It was a win win! It kept them busy for a little while, they were having fun and it was good practice for their sorting skills. We did a bowl in the middle which I dumped all the cereal in. My son had a bowl in front of him and he was in charge of getting all the chocolate cereal. My daughter had a bowl in front of her and she was in charge of getting the lucky charms.



 Look at them hard at work! My daughter gets such a serious look on her face when she's thinking hard:)


 Now take 3 Tbsp. margarine and melt it in a saucepan on the stove top. 


Take 4 heaping cups of mini marshmallows and dump them in the saucepan. Stir until completely melted. 


 Pour in 6 cups of the chocolate cereal. 


Stir until completely and evenly coated. 


Pour in the Lucky Charm marshmallows and gently stir them in. 


Scoop into a greased pan or cookie sheet. 


Look at the yummy gooeyiness! Let it sit for a few minutes and than cut into squares and enjoy! My kids both loved it. I mean.... seriously..... chocolate, butter, marshmallows and Lucky Charms......how can you go wrong with that combination? Next year I might even try dyeing the melted butter and margarine mixture green! That would make it even more St. Patrick'ish! 



Here is the recipe:

Lucky Charms "Rice Crispie Treats"

3 Tbsp. margarine
4 heaping cups of mini marshmallows
Chocolate Lucky Charms (chocolate cereal and Lucky Charms divided)

Melt the margarine in a saucepan on stovetop. Add the marshmallows and stir till melted. Pour in 6 cups of the chocolate cereal and stir till evenly coated. Pour in Lucky Charms and gently stir to mix. Spoon into a greased pan or cookie sheet. Let cool then cut into squares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment