Sunday, February 23, 2014

Table Centerpiece Tutorial Made From Branches Found In Your Own Backyard!




My friend asked me if I wouldn't mind making a table centerpiece for a Stake Relielf Society Activity. I of course said I would love too! After mulling over several ideas I decided to try this one. The ladies seemed to like it and I got several compliments! Some of them said they were gonna go home and try it! So I thought if they all liked it maybe the rest of you might:)

So here goes. It is very simple. Step one: grab a pile of sticks from your back yard. (I didn't have enough in mine so I went hunting in my parent's back yard! If you don't have enough in your yard, and you don't have parents nearby, I'm sure most of your neighbors wouldn't mind if you asked to pick up any of the fallen branckes in their yard. They might think you are a little strange but I'm sure they will still invite you to the next neighborhood party!


My dad had just trimmed his fruit trees so I used those kind of branches and really liked them because of the bumps on them but really any branches would do!



Trim off the stubby ends of your branches till they are the height that you want them.


Lay down newspaper and seperate your branches onto them. I was originally going to do four colors and that is why I have four piles in the picture but I ended up changing my mind and only did two colors.


Spray paint your branches. These are the colors I used......



After the first side is dry, turn all the branches over and spray paint the other side. When dry, place in container of your choice! The possibilities are endless....a cute vase, a mason jar, a teapot (that's what I used) really whatever you want! Now you have a cute cheap table centerpiece! I added a few other things around it that were already in my house and I'm pretty satisfied with the results:) 

Happy branch hunting!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment